Pond Now Open
The Private Forum the Pond is now open for business. For the last week there have just been the folks that got free accounts in there and already there has been a nice bit of activity.This will grow a lot over the coming weeks.
I will be adding in very long guides exclusive to the forum in the Monthly Mouthwaterers section (catchy huh?) and it should build out to be a great resource. Members are also encouraged to come up with guides themselves for which they will be paid.
I want everyone that signs up to bear a few things in mind.
You said you wanted a private forum so I have set one up. If you are not going to participate then it won’t work and I will end up closing it down as already I can see it is rather time consuming and there is no-one there yet! And this is why I have set the $10 a month price. It should make you want it to work and I get a bit of cash for my time. Although it has been great fun too already and it should be amazing once it gets going properly.
It needs active participation and active new content from members for it to stay working. If everyone unsubscribes after the first month then it will have been a waste of time so let’s make sure that doesn’t happen.
Every one of us has something to contribute. It doesn’t matter if you are totally new to making money online or a seasoned veteran. We all have tips to share and we all have a unique slant on things.
Don’t be shy
This is a place for friends and community to share with each other. I won’t stand for insults and idiotic behaviour, you will get the boot. It is a place to talk about things in private where no-one else can see what we say.
There are no daft questions, only questions you don’t know the answer to, so ask away and you will get a reply.
I will be there every day in the week for help and advice. Either publicly or via PM.
There are already some discounts on cool products in there which makes it worth signing up just for that alone. Hopefully more will follow.
We have cool stuff written by Billy, including a great free tool for gathering and producing longtail posts titles in a unique fashion.
There is an accountability section which should see you totally boost your productivity. Be bold and brazen and state what you are going to get done in a certain time-frame and then feel the backlash if you fail. Nothing like that for a motivator. Being accountable for your actions is absolutely the best way to increase productivity.
And tons more stuff.
Basically it is going to be cool. Here are a few key points:
- It’s private. No content is indexed in search engines and it will stay that way. What happens in the Pond stays in the Pond.
- There are no spammers. Only admins can register new members. There is no way for anyone to sign-up and enter themselves. You pay a subscription and then Wifey will set you up an account. You will be emailed your user-name and password in 24 hrs or less after you subscribe. It will NOT happen automatically so don’t worry if you don’t get your ID straight away. Don’t forget we live in Spain, never work after 5PM our time and will only register you in our normal working hours. Time off is very important.
- This is a community. There is no doubt that there are plenty of public forums you can join to talk about SEO and other related topics. This is different. We can set up certain things to help each other out in private that we can’t do here.
- It is based on what you guys want. If you want a new feature or category then you post what you want. If we get a few others that agree with you then it happens. This is a forum that is about what you say it is.
- This is a forum based on helping and giving advice whenever requested. It is not about flaming and generally being an idiot.
- As it is going to remain relatively small as far as numbers are concerned it will have a community feel rather than you getting lost amongst hundreds and thousands of other members.
- There is no junk. There won’t be millions of threads all saying the same thing followed with “thank you’s” and other mindless comments. It is constructive and content has a point.
- Being in a gang is cool 😉
You sign up under Wifey’s Paypal account, I am not allowed to have one as I was naughty in my younger days! Yikes!
The subscription is $10 a month and it is recurring. The subscription is under Wifey’s name and is labelled Zen Duck Pond Subscription. If you want to cancel you just do so in your recurring payments setting in Paypal. You can also simply sign up using your credit card.
Wifey has graciously said she will take care of the admin side of things, as if you haven’t already guessed I am not the most organized of people 😉
Once she gets notified of payment she will set you up wit an account and email you the user-name and password. User-name will be from the name of the payee. You can change what shows on the forum once you sign in, this is just to get you set up and registered.
That’s about it really.
No sales push or anything like that. If you want to join in the fun then great, I will be glad to have you. If not then no problem. I will still be here on the blog as always. i.e in a totally random posting style and we can still chat here same as before.
See you in the POND.